Monday, August 26, 2013

It's almost Labor Day...

It's almost labor day, end of August.  I'm a year older, my youngest is 3 and my marriage has made 9;the rough part summer is beginning to get in the rear view...This time of the year signifies so much; most importantly it's the "pre-game" to the best time of the year.  For years I've relished in the September - Thanksgiving Holiday time of the year.  Football and fall weekends at the hunting camp; I even get to watch football on TV, and the newest seasons of the best hunting shows on various brand sponsored marathon style nights, most of the days in between.  Baseball season is over (for me anyways), the drag of summer is over...peace on earth comes Friday at lunch and last until sometime Sunday when I make the long drive from the camp back into town....reeling from all the food, football, and hunting I've experienced in a glorious 48-36 hour mini-vacation that happen every weekend.

This year takes on a new flare...THE SPORTSMAN OUTFITTERS (along with expansion of my many other ventures, but that's here nor there).  We've already been on the road a bit doing LA Outdoors Expo in Lafayette in July, Miss-Lou Outdoor Expo in Natchez in August...we will be attending the Lincoln County Wildlife Expo in Brookhaven, MS, I'll be at the LA State NWTF Turkey calling contest this weekend in West Monroe representing both Sportsman Outfitters and Talkin' The Talk.  On September 19 will be at the Highland Wildlife Expo in Natchez (which is free event so you should come)...On September 25th I'll be at the Delta Waterfowl Banquet in New Roads, LA.  In October we are efforting to be a part of a "Hunting with Hero's" hunt at Antlers Trophy Whitetails in Oklahoma where we will help a wounded veteran soldier on a whitetail hunt of a lifetime, then off for a hunt with 180 Outdoors in Kansas Nov 9-13.  I'm not even counting the work Red Stick and Extra Innings camps, workouts, and leagues I got on schedule until at least weekend before Thanksgiving...then mix in Brandt's high school football schedule on Friday nights and a full time family, baseball organization to run, and oh yeah that regular full time job I keep...maybe 2013 won't the relaxing sanctimonious time of the year I've always craved!

And then every Wednesday I watch this....and just because it makes the week better in general


No comments:

Post a Comment